Gifting is my love language and when I get asked by friends about gift ideas for brides-to-be I do a little happy dance. So in the spirit of all things wedding this week (thanks to this little thing on Over the Moon), I'm listing my go-to gifts to give to your bride friends. Also included are gifts for the bride to give, because everyone knows a bridezilla/chilla's way to her friends' hearts is with a lil' somethin' somethin' wrapped up real nice with a little bow on top. And maybe a reasonable mandatory wake-up time.
And can I just say there are few things that are as special-slash-sentimental than an unexpected bouquet delivery. From bride to bridesmaid or vice versa - some surprise flowers with a little note (saying how excited you are, what the countdown to the big day is, how you just ate a bagel and are finding gift-giving therapeutic in the face of wedding diet failure, etc.) makes for some warm and fuzzy feelings all around. Which is why the backdrop of today's post are some picture perfect florals by House of Lilac - Miami gifters extraordinaire that you should check out for any and every gift idea (after reading this post, le duh).
- The Mrs. Box (from $75) - One of my best friends gifted me this ring box, which I still keep on my bedside table. The boxes, known as wedding heirlooms, can be customized with the bride's initials and come in beautiful shades of velvet.
- Nicola Bathie Earrings (from $150) - The San Antonio designer makes stunning earrings from natural stones and works closely with brides to create the perfect accessory for their bridesmaids.
- Dixie Design Collective Stationary Gift Set ($100) - Brides will actually look forward to writing thank you cards with these beautiful, personalized stationary sets, each imprinted with designs by amazing artists like Gina Langford (my personal fav).
- Wedding Invitation Decoupage Plate (from $68) - Before throwing out the wedding invite, consider sending to Marye-Kelley to turn it into a decoupage plate, which the bride will keep as a special memento and solidify your ranking as best gift-giver.
- Anya Hindmarch Bespoke Box (from £195) - These rank at the tippity top of gifts in my book, since they can be personalized with an embossed message in your own handwriting and a photo inside the lid.
- India Amory Robes (from $60) - The chic bridesmaid gift that will never go out of style or out of use, made from easy and breathable Indian block-printed cotton.