This weekend I'll be attending my first Blend Party. What in the fat hell is a Blend Party, you ask? Well, I'm not 100% sure - but as it has been explained to me, it is a genius idea derived from my amiga's mom's college hay days that entails creating a blended cocktail of sorts and presenting it to the pool party attendees with a themed song and dance. Contestants are judged on their song/outfit, drink and overall performance. Say it with me now: THIS. IS. SO. FUN!!!
With August lurking just around the corner, eager to penetrate our minds with that "it's fall, y'all" back-to-school headache (jk it's my favorite season but don't, like, force it on me in July ya know?!), it is our civic duty to make the most of what is left of Summer 2017. What better way to do that than by being a lil' hostess with the mostess and throwing a Blend Party of your own? Here are a few of my initial ideas I'm more than happy to give you to get your blend-head going since the song & dance I'm going with is - dare I say - too good to share (and would ruin the sorpresa):
- Watermelon Margaritas presented to Bey's "Drunk in Love" (hellz yeah you've been drinking that watermelon, gurl)
- Lemon Drops presented to Christina Milian's (remember her?) "Drop it Low" (lots of bend & snap material there)
- Irish Car Bombs presented to any bagpiping tune your heart desires (add Doc Martens for bonus points)
- Fireball shots presented to Pitbull's "Fireball" (da da da da da da)
- Jungle Juice presented to Guns N' Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" (just try not to look like this when you crawl like the lioness we both know you are)